Nissan warrants that for a designated period of time or specific mileage, as described in each section, your authorized Nissan dealer will repair or replace any part on the vehicle which proves defective in materials or workmanship free of charge, except for those items listed under the section titled "WHAT IS NOT COVERED". The warranty period begins on the date the vehicle is delivered to the first retail buyer or put into use, whichever is earlier.
The warranty period for all new passenger vehicles# purchased and delivered on or after 1st June 2014 is 6 years or 100,000km*, whichever come first. Warranty period starts from the date of new car delivery.
#Warranty period for GT-R, LEAF^, Evalia e-MPV^ and e-NV200 Van^ is 3 years or 100,000km, whichever come first.
^For LEAF, Evalia e-MPV & e-NV200 Van, the capacity of lithium-ion battery is warranted at not less than nine-twelfths of energy bars for 8 years or 160,000km (whichever comes first)
*From the 4th to 6th year, warranty will cover power train only (that is including the engine, transmission, differential and fuel injection system).
For commercial vehicles, the warranty period for NV350 URVAN diesel version is 3 years or 100,000km~, while that for petrol version is 3 years or 100,000km+, whichever come first.
~ It is optional for extending warranty to 6 years or 200,000km, whichever come first. From the 4th to 6th year, warranty will cover power train only (that is including the engine, transmission, differential and fuel injection system).
+It is optional for extending warranty to 6 years. From the 4th to 6th year, warranty will cover power train only (that is including the engine, transmission, differential and fuel injection system).
The New Vehicle Warranty covers all parts and components of each new Nissan vehicle supplied by Nissan except for tires and those items listed under the caption "WHAT IS NOT COVERED". As for battery, adjustment and air conditioner refrigerant recharge, the the warranty period is different from one of New Vehicle Warranty. The coverage detail is described in caption "THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THE NISSAN NEW VEHICLE WARRANTY".
1. Tires are covered by a separate warranty. See the Tire Information for details.
2. Any non-genuine accessories or equipment installed outside of Nissan’s works.
3. Any parts and labor costs incurred in connection with required or recommended maintenance service as outlined in your Owner’s Manual and the Maintenance Section in Warranty Information & Maintenance booklet.
4. Normal maintenance service such as wheel balancing and alignment, engine tune-up, headlight aiming, replacement of light bulbs, spark plugs, distributor points, drive belts, clutch disc, brake shoes and pads, filters, wiper blades, lubricants and coolant.
5. Damage or failures resulting from:
- Misuse, accident, theft or fire (Proper use is outlined in your Owner’s Manual.)
- Use of improper or dirty fuel, fluids or lubricants
- Lack of performance of proper maintenance services as outlined in your Owner’s Manual and the Maintenance Section in Warranty Information & Maintenance booklet.
- Use of non-genuine Nissan parts
- Alternation or improper repair
- Stone chipping, chemical fallout, tree sap, salt, hail, windstorm, lightning or other environmental conditions
- Repairs not performed by an authorized Nissan dealer
6. Normal deterioration of trim, paint or other appearance items.
7. Any vehicle on which the odometer reading has been changed so that mileage cannot be readily determined.
8. Incidental or consequential damages such as loss of use of the vehicle, inconvenience or commercial loss.
1. Properly use, maintain and care for your vehicle as outlined in your Owner’s Manual and the Maintenance Section in Warranty Information & Maintenance booklet.
2. Take the vehicle to an authorized Nissan dealer’s place of business during regular business hours at your expense in order to obtain warranty service.
3. Check for trim, paint or other appearance defects at the time the new vehicle is delivered and report the same to your selling dealer without delay.
4. Retain maintenance service records in the event a question should arise concerning the vehicle’s maintenance.
1. Warranty repairs will be made at no charge for parts and /or labor (except for batteries, in which case you must pay certain charges as noted in caption "THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THE NISAN NEW VEHICLE WARRANTY".) Any needed parts replacement will be made using new or authorized remanufactured parts by an authorized Nissan dealer. A reasonable time to complete the repairs must be allowed after the vehicle is delivered to the dealer.
2. Free inspection service at 5,000 km or 5 months (whichever come first) will be performed at no charge, except for fluid lubricant, oil, and oil filter replacement costs.
- Tires originally installed on a new Nissan vehicle are warranted by the tire manufacturer.
- In order to obtain tire warranty service, you must present the unserviceable tire to a local tire agent, unless otherwise directed by Nissan.
- Nissan dealer will assist you in requesting an adjustment through the local agent, if necessary.
Air conditioner refrigerant
Air conditioner installed in your vehicle as original equipment in covered during the New Vehicle Warranty, 36 months or 100,000km. However, refrigerant recharge not associated with the repair or replacement of a warranted part is not covered after the first 12 months.
Original equipment battery
The coverage period is 36 months or 100, 000 km (60, 000 miles), whichever comes first, on a pro rata basis as follows:
- PART COST
A defective original battery which is unserviceable within the first 12 months will be replaced free of charge.
After 12 months but within 24 months, Nissan will pay 50% of the new battery.
After 24 months buy within 36 months, Nissan will pay 25% of the new battery.
- LABOR COST
All labor required to test and replace the defective battery within 36 months is covered by the warranty.
Pre-delivery inspection service
To help you secure maximum satisfaction from your new vehicle, it has been inspected and conditioned according to Nissan’s new care pre-delivery inspection procedure.
Scheduled maintenance service
Proper maintenance and care of the vehicle are indispensable for safe driving and lower overall running cost. The scheduled maintenance services are minimum requirements which should be preformed at your initiative.
Additional maintenance service may be required since weather and atmospheric conditions, varying roads, vehicle usage and individual driving habits greatly contribute to the need for such service.
Any damage or failures resulting from lack of required maintenance or improper maintenance are not covered by warranty.
It is recommended that the free, scheduled maintenance and warranty services be performed by your selling Nissan dealer since that dealer since that dealer has a direct interest in your continued satisfaction.
Nissan has the right at any time to make changes to the design or specifications of any Nissan vehicle without notice and without any obligation to make such changes on vehicles that have been sold in the past.
This warranty applies to Nissan vehicles registered and normally operated in the country where the vehicle is originally sold. This warranty is provided to the original and subsequent owners of the vehicle during the warranty period.
Transient warranty service
If you are touring in another country and a problem occurs with your Nissan vehicle, please contact a Nissan dealer in that country. Warranty service is provided under the provisions stipulated in Warranty Information & Maintenance booklet.
Please note, however, that any problems related to lack of compliance with local regulations and/or the environmental requirements of the country where you are touring are not covered by the warranty.
Relocation to a foreign country.
Your Nissan vehicle is manufactured to meet the regulations and environmental requirements of the country where the vehicle is originally sold. If you relocate to another country, your vehicle may not comply with the regulations and environmental requirements of that country. It may be very difficult to make modifications to comply with the regulations and environment requirement s of the country.
In addition, even if you take your vehicles to a Nissan dealer in another country for repair, the spare parts necessary for repairing the vehicle may not be available at the dealer because the dealer may have different models and specifications. Then, it may be difficult to perform repair service in that country.
Please note that a Nissan vehicle relocated to another country is not covered by the warranty.
Your complete satisfaction with your vehicle is the primary concern of your Nissan dealer, the distributor and Nissan.
If a problem arises that you feel has not been handled satisfactorily, the following steps are suggested.
Discuss the problem with your Nissan dealership management first.
If you feel something more should be done, and the dealer is unable to resolve the matter satisfactorily then ......
Contact the Nissan distributor listed on the Vehicle Identification page of this section.
The Nissan distributor will ask for the following information:
- Your name, address and telephone number
- Vehicle identification number
- Date of purchase
- Odometer reading
- Your Nissan dealer’s name
- The nature of the problem
Nevertheless may we reiterate that ultimately your questions will most likely be resolved at your dealership, utilizing his facilities, equipment and technical personnel. So HELP US TO SERVE YOU!